Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Chevy Uplander - Upgrade Rear (and front) Wiper Blades

Search this Thread

Old June 2nd, 2010, 4:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Chevy Uplander - Upgrade Rear (and front) Wiper Blades

There is an upgraded rear wiper for the Chevy Uplander available. Actually, it’s excellent all the way around - rear and front. If you want to upgrade to the newer-style, one-piece, frameless (whatever you want to call them) wiper blades, I recommend taking a look at the "Trico NeoForm Beam Blades". They come in all the required sizes (24" ds, 22" ps & 16" rear) for the 2005-2009 Uplanders.

If you haven't tried the new-style wipers, they can make an older vehicle a little more enjoyable to drive. Getting rid of the fragile frames makes all the difference in durability and performance. For the rear, they're not so curved and stiff that they lose contact with the glass like some others - they are actually quite flexible. They also look great and the price has come down on them. Wipe clean and super quiet. Major improvement in the winter - they don't clog with ice and snow. You can get them online. Hope this helps others...

Product Info: https://www.wipers123.com/NeoForm.php
Old June 2nd, 2010, 11:24 PM
Professional Mechanic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i use the $20 Michelins, ive had them for over a year on my truck and they still work great, no streaks, no noise...no gaps...
Old June 3rd, 2010, 9:02 AM
CF Beginner

Arrow Framed Michelins or Beam Michelins?

Originally Posted by crateampsrock
i use the $20 Michelins, ive had them for over a year on my truck and they still work great, no streaks, no noise...no gaps...
Old school framed wipers or the beam blades? If beam blades, do you use one on the rear? If so, does it make good contact? I'm asking because I've heard with some beam blades there are contact issues - in particular, the rainx latitude is too curved and stiff for most rear applications. Just trying to pick your brain. Let me know.
Old June 4th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Professional Mechanic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont use them on my van, just my dodge truck. im pretty sure though the high dollar fancy beam wipers are wont make good contact...they have trouble with the curve of my windshield on the pass side of my truck. When they are off, it doesnt contact the far pass side edge...it tried to stay straight...
Old June 5th, 2010, 6:02 AM
CF Beginner

Arrow

Originally Posted by crateampsrock
I dont use them on my van, just my dodge truck. im pretty sure though the high dollar fancy beam wipers are wont make good contact...they have trouble with the curve of my windshield on the pass side of my truck. When they are off, it doesnt contact the far pass side edge...it tried to stay straight...
OK Thanks. I don't have contact problems on front or rear so I just wanted to see what you found.