Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

Chevy Aveo upgraded replacement wiper blades

Search this Thread

Old March 28th, 2010, 2:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Chevy Aveo upgraded replacement wiper blades

On my mission to find an upgraded rear wiper blade for my Chevrolet Aveo, I ended-up finding a great wiper blade for all around... If you want to upgrade to the newer-style frameless wipers, I could only find one aftermarket choice that had the 14" size for the rear. They also come in the sizes for the front. I found the "Trico NeoForm Beam Blades" online and they're fairly priced, wipe super well, are super quiet, and look really good. They perform well in rain, mist, snow and ice and put up with the abuse of a Wisconsin winter. Anyway, I just got an email from wipers123.com where I got mine and there's currently a $15 rebate on NeoForms through 5/15/10 and a additional $5 instant coupon "springreturningcustomer" not sure when it expires... I'm not ready to replace mine yet so take it if you want it!

Old March 31st, 2010, 3:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to find a "quiet" rear wiper blade. The ones I have tried so far squeak/squeal after awhile.
Old April 1st, 2010, 6:20 AM
CF Beginner

Arrow Quiet rear wiper blade

Originally Posted by Oxxon
I would like to find a "quiet" rear wiper blade. The ones I have tried so far squeak/squeal after awhile.
The 14" NeoForm I mention above does ok if the glass is wet - no noise at all. The rear takes a lot of abuse so they do tend to wear out. One of the first signs of the wiper wearing out is noise.
Old May 5th, 2010, 9:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiper blades

I ahve found that white vinegar is a great conditioner for wiper blades but do not apply it with paper products use a cotton cloth. this will extend the life of your blades. A great replacement blade is RAINX and if you use RAINX washer fluid it is even better.
Old May 6th, 2010, 7:01 AM
CF Beginner

Arrow Cleaning wiper blades & glass treatment

Originally Posted by bionicguru
I ahve found that white vinegar is a great conditioner for wiper blades but do not apply it with paper products use a cotton cloth. this will extend the life of your blades. A great replacement blade is RAINX and if you use RAINX washer fluid it is even better.
I will probably try this. I usually use a very wet and soapy rag (usually just car soap or maybe spray it with Fantastic or 409). I recommend Aquapel Glass Treatment too...better than rainx glass treatment and you only have to apply it twice a year...it lasts 6 months. Great stuff for a lazy guy like me!! LOL
Old May 6th, 2010, 9:12 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by bionicguru
i use a little rubbing alcohol on a paper towel works good on cleaning the road film, and dirt off the blades. or you can use the packets that come with most new blades..