Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

PCV vacuum line diagram

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2012, 1:19 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCV vacuum line diagram

Hello,

Does anybody knows where does line from PCV goes (more interested in thin line that starts after intake manifold (?!) and goes to back of the engine? Maybe you have diagram?

Thank you!

PCV vacuum line diagram-4ljv5.jpg
Old July 31st, 2012, 3:47 PM
CF Junior Member

I guess found the answer - It goes to back of engine where purge valve is located.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 8:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default but whe is that

underneath the bracket witht he spark plug wires?
Old January 4th, 2014, 8:19 PM
CF Beginner

Default Found it and fixed it

When your hose becomes brittle...and breaks... if you want to replace it the end towards the fire wall is not easy to find. I think i got my new hose at advance with 30 percent off around 6 bucks. Reviews were not good with folks saying it didnt fit good but it fits perfect if you use your mind. The plastic becomes more bendable / workable if you warm it up with a hair dryer on high for a bit.. dont hold too close.. after about 3 minutes they pushed in and sat perfectly. I finally found the end which is easier to access with your left hand and arm as there is more room going in from the left while leaning over the engine. basically that bracket wtih the spark plugs .. the pcv valve connects in the middle of a smaller box that mounts to the backside of that bracket that holds the plugs. you cannot see it but you have to feel for it. the old line that had broken had pulled off the boot so i just had to feel for the boot and then push the new one on which it did with a little effort... So in the last two weeks i have changed:
Radiator - significant crack and was leaking a quart a day
Water Pump - leaking out weep hole
PCV Valve - was nasty clogged
PCV Hose / line
Thermostat - absolutely ridiculous job but got it done
ALL hoses
Flushed
New fluid and head gasket sealer
Purged air

NOW... the head gasket sealer finished off the heater core i think so next weekend i get i am going to try and flush the heater core.. Top hose is easy to get to and i think once that one is out ill be able to get the bottom one out. I already bought some hose at home depot to attach and put some CLR in there and inject with my portable sprayer powered by cig lighter. It seems to be the core OR the doors arent opening up. Prior to the head gasket stuff it was barely warm and now its not so im confident its the core. Either way it probably could use cleaning if it ends up not being the core. At 175 k miles i am sure it is.