Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Venture Solutions

Search this Thread

Old December 4th, 2012, 4:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venture Solutions

OK, my parent's own one of these vans and have had a few issues, and I fixed them- but there is very little support available for these vans. Google searches usually turn up NADA for solutions.

Things I haven't fixed yet:

This van has the light pulsation issue, I believe it is the voltage regulator ground screw on the back of the alternator, has anyone here done this repair? Does the dealer have the parts needed, because I can't find them online.

The fuel guage just bounces around too, even in park the gauge will just bounce from empty to full- most likely the float sensor all gummed up. My parent's have no desire to fix this, but if I could drop the tank and simply clean the sensor I'd do it- but I wont buy a new fuel pump module just to fix the gauge.

--
Today their power sliding door stopped working. They said they heard a pop and it jammed up half way open.

To fix this I pulled the large panel off and took a look at the sliding door motor and the motor is fine, tracks are fine but the cable inside had the insulation strip off and it jammed inside the pulleys. I pulled the motor off the van and turned it over and removed the cable spool and pulled the old cable out- it was broken and stripped. I don't think they sell just the cable- so I was going to go to the hardware store and cut a new cable to fit this van, but my parents said they want to get rid of the power sliding door.

So I disconnected all the cables and put the motor back in and then pulled the fuse for the sliding door out and replaced the panels. Now both doors operate just fine manually.

I can load some picture of the tear down for the door, and this spring I plan to replace the steering/tie-rods I'll try to get a write up done because there is very little information to help work on these vans

Last edited by Mom'sMiniVan; December 4th, 2012 at 4:53 AM.