Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

1993 Chevy Silverado 1500 fluttering

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2017, 9:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 Chevy Silverado 1500 fluttering

Good evening my fellow chevy friends. I seem to have an issue and no better place to go than here. I have a 1993 Chevy 1500 extended cab with 5.7 liter and automatic transmission. Seems like when I put it in to drive and start accelerating slowly, the truck seems to buckle. Like jumping but continuing to move. RPS go up and down until it shifts. IF I take off fast, it does not happen. This is driving me nuts. Can someone help? I have looked history but don't find anything. I put new IAC Vale but the same. Have checked the vacuum lines and nothing.

Please help
Old April 10th, 2017, 9:58 AM
CF Beginner

Double-check all vacuum lines, especially to the PCV. Quadruple-check PVC. It could be ignition so double-check your ignition wires/plugs/cap. Cap might be really crusty underneath at the pins inside the distributor cap. Also check the distributor wires inside the distributor. I went through that recently. The wires at the Hall-Effect sensor were cracked and worse yet, the connectors to the ignition module were badly corroded, I mean badly corroded (I could hardly remove the plug!). Also do a check of the temp sensor next to the radiator hose outlet (top of motor). Ohm it out and compare to a chart (google it), it might have drifted and it CAN do what you described. Good luck
Old April 10th, 2017, 5:24 PM
CF Beginner

I took off the cap and rotor and a little crusty. I get those tomorrow. WIll try that. Also, under the cap it a brown piece, don't know what that is. Do you? It is round right under rotor? That looks a bit weird. Not stable.
Old April 10th, 2017, 5:51 PM
CF Beginner

The truck has no misfire, just feels like it goes into gear and then back out. So it like surges and relaxes again then back again.