Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

1997 GMC 5.7L Aftermarket parts

Search this Thread

Old June 30th, 2019, 8:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 GMC 5.7L Aftermarket parts

Has anyone had issues with aftermarket sensors, MAF, EGR, OX, etc? I have not, but while chasing down my rich fuel mixture, random misfire problem, I have noticed a noticeable difference in parts prices, aftermarket vs acdelco. These trucks have been on the road long enough to have some pretty mature technology and predictability in the aftermarket? Or not? Just asking...
ps. Still haven't found my problem, I am still searching.
Jeff
Old July 1st, 2019, 8:39 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm interested in this topic as well. I've been burned a few times when buying aftermarket parts for my Toyota and have a habit of only buying OEM now.
Old July 1st, 2019, 10:05 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chris94
I'm interested in this topic as well. I've been burned a few times when buying aftermarket parts for my Toyota and have a habit of only buying OEM now.
I have always defaulted to factory on Honda and Toyota. I am dealing with a 97 gmc pickup, only about a million of those made, aftermarkets should be ok!
Jeff
Old July 5th, 2019, 9:44 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

i try to buy OEM parts for sensors. but that being said i bought 2 Vapor Canister Purge Valve. one from AC the other from dorman. i ended up returning the AC because it was leaking brand new.
Old July 5th, 2019, 10:21 PM
CF Beginner

On something like an 88 - 98 Chevy / GMC I trust most of the name brand aftermarket is ok. Of course, I use some judgement and price / value comparison too. Thanks for the reply.
JNNelsen