Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

94 Sierra starts then stalls

Search this Thread

Old October 19th, 2019, 8:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Sierra starts then stalls

How did you end up fixing it? Having the same problem on my nanas ‘94 Sierra with less than 300 k KM on it, owned it since new and always up to date with maintenance. She was driving home the other day and it just died. Was able to start it up and drive it home but now it starts and dies seconds later. Thought it might be the alternator without looking into it too much and replaced it but it’s still doing the same thing. Was it your fuel pump?

Originally Posted by Subassaultvehicle
Same deal on my 94 k1500. Just bought it a week ago. 4k miles on rebuild. Engine tranny transfer case redone. Everything but the little things. Ran like a champ for a week then it started surging untill it stalled out on idle, especially if lights+turnsignals on. Unplugged IAC ran good for a day then back to the issue. Changed that out, it ran about 20 miles fine then, back to the same idle behavior. Noticed the rattle in the catalytic, changed it to magnaflow. Felt better driving, when in idle, same problem. Checked fuel pressure and it found to be low. Changing out fuel pump today. I'll update you after its installed.. In the end hopefully having all the little things updated also will keep this beautifull heap going another 200k miles.
Old October 20th, 2019, 11:28 AM
CF Active Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Will be interesting to see if anyone from 7 years ago answers.
Regardless, I’d say first thing to check in cases like this is fuel pressure. https://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/s...php?tid/253427
Old October 20th, 2019, 11:42 AM
CF Veteran

Received 211 Likes on 185 Posts

Welcome Deegee - I would suggest you start a new topic so you get more reads and more help. Good luck.
Old October 20th, 2019, 2:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fuel pressure regulator. Just fixed mine yesterday.