Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Brake Pedal Going to the Floor on Occasion

Old July 8th, 2019, 8:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Pedal Going to the Floor on Occasion

So this came up about a month ago, when I was coming home from work I was on the highway and I was coming to an exit and I hit the brakes to slow down and the pedal went the whole way to the floor and my Red Brake Light came on, But after pumping the pedal a few times the brakes came back and they were actually better than before. Then it didnít happen again until a week or two later, the second time, the brake pedal went to the floor almost every-time I depressed it, then after that it hasnít happened again until today, I was exiting a highway and the brake pedal went to the floor, it seems to only happen whenever slowing down from higher speeds, a week ago I looked over everything and I didnít find a single leak, everything is dry, my pads up front are good and my shoes in the back still have meat on them. And the reservoir was almost full so I topped it off. Where should I start to find this problem? Everything I looked up said to replace the master, mine is still the original. But it didnít fix the issue for some. My booster seems fine, maybe the seals in the master are going out? Idk, Iíve seen in some cases the abs modules get air trapped in them. Should I bleed the abs module with the bleeder it has on it? Not sure what to do, any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old July 9th, 2019, 7:39 AM
CF Monarch

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd say the master cylinder. Proportioning valve.
The following users liked this post:
Mattpeterson01 (July 9th, 2019)
Old July 9th, 2019, 7:55 AM
CF Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to do something quickly. The truck is dangerous to drive the way it is!
The following users liked this post:
Mattpeterson01 (July 9th, 2019)
Old July 10th, 2019, 12:07 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by kevinkpk View Post
I'd say the master cylinder. Proportioning valve.
Thats what I was thinking too, Iím going to replace it tomorrow, Iíll update the post if it fixes it.
Old July 10th, 2019, 12:11 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by oldchevy View Post
You need to do something quickly. The truck is dangerous to drive the way it is!
No doubt, I was coming home from work today and now the pedals going to the floor almost every time I try it lol, not driving it until that issues gone.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: