Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Electrical issues

Old November 27th, 2016, 12:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Electrical issues

So many issues now

Hello,
my name is Gene and I have owned Chevy vehicles from 16 and will always own at the least one of them. However this Suburban seems to own the place of biggest pain in the (Insert your own word here) The Burb is a 1995 2500 4x4 with the 350 tbi the truck was working fine until I decided to clean out the ac to increase air flow to the vents. I now have electrical issues every where, so here is the list that comes to mind right now. None of these issues were present prior to cleaning AC Duct

4x4 selector on floor does not light up or seem to fully engage (front does not spin)
AC blowers front and rear not working No power to AC controls
ABS brake light is on on the dash
Cruise control will not function

Now there is one issue that might be adding to the problem. While I was working on the Burb my 4 y/o son decided it was a good day for driving and some how managed to get the truck into neutral rolling it down the drive and damaging both doors on the Drivers side. I replaced both doors that day with doors off of a 1996. I dont know how that would effect anything else but I wanted to offer all information I have. The power locks fuse blows randomly but my guess there is actuators (Doors I installed were left open to rain before I picked them up)

I checked the battery connection and the grounds I could find. My best guess is a ground connection some where due to the scope of issues but I'm stumped. Any one have any ideas ? I disconnected the Blower motor again and other issues still there.

Last edited by 13lueDragon; November 27th, 2016 at 3:26 PM. Reason: ac
Old November 27th, 2016, 11:32 PM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you checked the grounds on the back of the intake. They are for the ecm and hvac I believe. Doubt they would affect the 4wd though. May have more than one issue.
Old November 28th, 2016, 6:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will check after work today, cant hurt to look right. I also started thinking about the ignition. Starts and runs fine but if it lost the connections for the rest... but then the radio still works too so IDK

Search this Thread