Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Fuel in oil

Search this Thread

Old October 4th, 2018, 7:09 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Confident on #1tdc,?the stronger of the two blows,have assistant bump starter,short cranks,give a holler"good" when balancer line approaches mark,finish by hand rotation,line marks up,where's rotor pointing?
Old October 4th, 2018, 7:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright so we just cranked the motor to get the puff and the cylinder 1 to tdc using the harmonic balancer, I currently have the marker on the harmonic balancer at 0.
Old October 4th, 2018, 7:57 PM
CF Senior Member

I just checked youtube,many good videos on the subject,give it a look,be better than I can explain
Old October 4th, 2018, 8:22 PM
CF Beginner

May I ask what you had looked up on youtube? I appreciate the help I really do.
Old October 4th, 2018, 8:28 PM
CF Senior Member

I googled,93,tbi Chevy distributor timing,I mentioned that,cause sometimes I leave important steps out,but,at tdc1#,is rotor facing #1 cylinder?
Old October 4th, 2018, 9:09 PM
CF Beginner

So after pulling the cap off after getting her to TDC after blowing out, she was 180 out, I put everything the way they belong and tried it and guess what? she fired up. GOD that took forever. Now to put the valve covers back on and get her running without spewing oil everywhere. I greatly appreciate the help geo1 you've been the greatest help. Ill post back if I have any other issues.
Old December 9th, 2018, 2:37 PM
CF Beginner

I'm sorry I haven't been on here in a while, been busy with work and the holidays and working on vehicles, but I just wanted to let everyone know that helped me on this that I am grateful for all the help. The truck still has a couple of issues but I have to post in a different section of the forums for the help. Thanks again.
Old December 14th, 2018, 11:32 PM
CF Beginner

Good evening Im having an issue with the truck once more. I took the truck to work a couple of days, I had the distributor loosened so I could adjust it and the bracket backed out a little bit and the distributor popped up so much that the oil pump wasn't running, now when I am driving the vehicle under load it rattles like the timing is off a couple of teeth, could the timing be off again? I need this truck running 100% so I need some help. Once I got the timing correct the first time it wasn't rattling any longer, but since the distributor got pushed up it started rattling again. What should I do? Should I remove the distributor and reset the timing? Any help is appreciated.