Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Heat cooling door stuck on cold!! I'm freezing

Search this Thread

Old November 12th, 2018, 4:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat cooling door stuck on cold!! I'm freezing

Hey everybody. It's a 98 silverado. I don't use the air in the summer. But I want the Heat in the winter. Right now the fan blows good but I can't switch to any specific area, floor or defrost or whatever. It blows out everywhere which is fine. I don't care about that. But the door must be stuck on cold because changing the temp. Is not possible. I want to located the door that switches hot and cold so I can manually move it to heat. I'll cut into the housing if needs be. Heater core is working perfectly. Fan is working properly.

Where is the open door?? I've been trying to find a diagram of the vents and the doors with no luck.
Old November 13th, 2018, 1:11 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy Braden
Hey everybody. It's a 98 silverado. I don't use the air in the summer. But I want the Heat in the winter. Right now the fan blows good but I can't switch to any specific area, floor or defrost or whatever. It blows out everywhere which is fine. I don't care about that. But the door must be stuck on cold because changing the temp. Is not possible. I want to located the door that switches hot and cold so I can manually move it to heat. I'll cut into the housing if needs be. Heater core is working perfectly. Fan is working properly.

Where is the open door?? I've been trying to find a diagram of the vents and the doors with no luck.
It should be mounted underneath the air cleaner box.