Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Help please!!

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2017, 9:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please!!

Restoring my 94 Chevy Silverado and wanted to rebuild the front end and always wanted a little lift. So I decided to go with the 2-3" suspension lift from rough country since it came with a new upper control arm with the bushings and ball joint already. Well we have replaced everything else the lower control arm bushings and ball joint, wheel hub assembly, tie rod ends, idler arm, Pittman arm, stabilizer connectors and the cv axels. Well we installed the drop down kit in the middle of this process as well, on to the diff, and now we can't get the passenger side cv axel back in. It's like it's in a bind. You can spin it by hand when it's on the rack and about half way around it gets in a bind and will articulate the suspension. Any ideas on what to do will be appreciated! TIA

Last edited by Tyllmass; August 28th, 2017 at 9:05 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old August 28th, 2017, 12:49 PM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Any chance the passenger side main axle shaft got pulled loose during the work. It just has a little circlip that holds it in.

Some pics would help.
Old August 28th, 2017, 5:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by burnhedge
Any chance the passenger side main axle shaft got pulled loose during the work. It just has a little circlip that holds it in.

Some pics would help.
Do you mean the axle in the diff or the cv axle? The axle in the diff isn't sliding out, so I wouldn't think it came loose. I'm not around the truck at the moment and won't be for a lil while. It's a weekend project.