leads on 1994 k 1500 - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

leads on 1994 k 1500

Old March 15th, 2019, 6:51 PM
CF Beginner

Default leads on 1994 k 1500

I've done a lot of research trying to fix my issue, but haven't gotten around to fixing them yet due to weather. I'm just looking for some reassurance that I'm headed in the right direction, as well as some additional suggestions.

Ever since it got cold outside, my 1994 K1500 5.7L has been performing sadly.

I haven't had this issue at all when it is warm/above 50 or so.

The truck, when going uphill at about 30mph is fine, and when I press the accelerator, it bogs down from about 2100 rpm and goes lower as you press the accelerator until it downshifts. The lower the temperature outside, the more sensitive the truck is to the issue, experiencing bogging down when I get to about the same 2000 rpm or so at even lower speeds going up hill. I warm the truck up for a long time and as I drive for 30 minutes or so, the problem only gets marginally better. At high speeds of about 60 or 70 going up a small hill will cause it to bog down and buck and only maintain about 50 after that.

I'm going to replace the fuel filter in a week or two, then was looking at cleaning the throttle body and or running some seafoam through it. Guess my main question is what could cause such an issue at temperatures below 30 degrees F, but not be an issue in warmer weather. Any other suggestions or directions to take are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by wbywmu; March 15th, 2019 at 8:27 PM.
Old March 15th, 2019, 9:36 PM
CF Active Member

Troubleshooting sensors and how to test i would start with testing the CTS the link posted will tell you how to test and what readings youre looking for. good luck

Search this Thread
Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: