Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Trim differences and cylinder head casts in 1990 C2500?

Search this Thread

Old July 27th, 2017, 3:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Trim differences and cylinder head casts in 1990 C2500?

I'm new to this whole thing when it comes to late model Chevy pickups. . . And I'm trying to identify whether my 1990 C2500 has a Silverado trim. . . Or. . . Something else.
Can anyone explain to me the differences between Cheyenne, Scottsdale and Silverado? Or include pictures?
I mostly ask because (and I'm sure it really doesn't matter) I'm looking for cylinder heads and the "matching vehicle" input fields ask what type of trim I have. . . And I don't know!

I do know that I have the typical 5.7L 350 TBI engine that comes stock with all these trucks. . . But that's about it! I don't know what "cast" numbers mean either, when it comes to the heads, and what they mean or how they even apply to my engine. I have a cracked head that I need to replace and was looking at remanufactured ones.
Old July 27th, 2017, 5:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I figured out I'm just an idiot. I didn't have the truck with me at the time of my post. . . My truck says "Silverado" on the cab behind the doors. �� I still don't know the differences but. . . Oh well. I am still curious about the cylinder heads, however.