The War on Rust - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

The War on Rust

Old February 26th, 2018, 7:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default The War on Rust

I have a 1995 chevy silverado single cab short bed. About 4 months ago i noticed some rust on my frame and decided to take care of it. In some spots it wasent bad at all and on some spots like the top of the frame it was flaking off in layers. So i took the bed off and rented a sandblaster and spent hours sanding away all the rust until i was left with bare metal. Then i used 2 layers of eastwood rust encapsulator on every square inch of the entire frame. Then 2 more coats of eastwood areo chasis. I let dry then put bed back on. After only 4 months of winter the rust is coming back in a lot of the spots. Appearing in random spots and spots where paint chipped off. Not bubbling though. What did I do wrong and what do i do now?
Old April 16th, 2018, 8:22 AM
CF Beginner

Once mine is running better, I plan to apply used motor oil or mineral oil to my frame and inner rockers.

Search this Thread
Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: