Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

05 silverado probs, knowledge needed

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2019, 4:50 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 05 silverado probs, knowledge needed

I was recently a victim of some vandalism and my truck was keyed, being a college student i wanted to save money and fix it myself, so i found two doors from a suburban that were my trucks color on craigslist for 80 bucks and picked them up. after i stripped my old doors of all the components i needed ( locks actuators, window motors, speakers, door handles, etc.) i tried to get the wiring harness out, in the process of working under the hot Georgia sun and getting frustrated i said " screw it" and cut the harness... me being a dumby i left the battery connected and everything sparked, sooooo i went ahead and installed the new doors, put a new harness in, put new window motors in the whole truck ( preventative maintenance) along with new speakers in the entire truck. i hooked everything up and nothing happened, my interior lights stay on as if my door is open but there isn't a " door ajar" reading on the dash, and my passenger side doors won't lock, passenger side windows won't do anything, mirror won't move, and lights still stay on.....but my speakers are working. its going to be raining for the next week and i can't roll up my windows, if anyone has any idea as to what's going on please let me know?!

Also I've heard that the control module can be a reason for everything not working, My buddy drives the exact truck as i do and i took his control module out, put it in my truck and still nothing..

My truck is a 2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 crew cab lt z71 4x4 5.3