Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2002 Silverado 2500HD lost key security issue. Need advice

Search this Thread

Old February 7th, 2017, 3:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2002 Silverado 2500HD lost key security issue. Need advice

Hello there I'm new to the forum and hoping to find some.helpful friends.

Well here's my issue I lost one of my keys with fob the other day and am.worried someone close to my house has found it. That being said I'm trying to secure my vehicle.

I reprogrammed the old fob I had which should render the lost one useless. But, they could still get in and disarm my alarm by using the key on the driver's door lock.

So what I'm trying to figure out is if I can disable the drivers door lock alarm off feature and still have use of my alarm? Basically I want it to be necessary to use the fob only to turn the alarm off. That way even if they use my key the alarm will go off if they open the door. Will this work?

Also I want to add a Killswitch to the fuel system but I am new to Silverado components. Where is the easiest but hidden place to tap a Killswitch into? I did some research but not many people are doing what I'd like to do (at least on the internet) So any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
VortecGuzzler
Old February 7th, 2017, 1:22 PM
CF Beginner

129 views and nobody knows?
Old February 7th, 2017, 7:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

the factory system does not work this way; no easy way to do this unless you can write you own custom programming into the bcm.

A kill switch is do-able. why not have a security system installed.
or call a locksmith and re-key the locks....change a few tumblers and cut a new key.
Old February 7th, 2017, 8:55 PM
CF Beginner

I was thinking maybe I could disconnect a switch on the door lock and just leave it aside, but I have not removed the door panel on my truck yet.

Maybe it's not possible as its integrated on the lock? I would imagine rekeying would cost a grip and I'm low on cash at the moment. Been buying to many parts as is and I need brakes soon. I will look into it though.

I'm happy for now with the stock alarm just sucks if someone found my key close to my house. Not sure where it is.
Any good place under the dash that is semi hard to reach that I can tap into and make a fuel system killswitch?

Thanks for the reply.