Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2005 Silverado 2500hd,turning issue

Search this Thread

Old February 6th, 2019, 3:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Silverado 2500hd,turning issue

Hi, I have a 2005 Chevy 2500hd with a 6in rough country lift with 35's. I noticed a couple days ago that when I made a sharp turn in my driveway going slow, it lurched almost like it was in 4wd. Also, I backed it into the garage the other day and when I turned sharp to make the turn I heard a popping noise only once. It has push button 4wd and the light is on 2wd. Do you know what could potentially cause this?
Old August 3rd, 2019, 1:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2003 Z71 is doing the same thing. It happened right after I took it in to the dealer to have the front in worked on. It needed an output shaft replaced on passenger side. some seals needed replacing and the steering needed some adjusting. It had 150,000 + on it. When I got it back the front wheels were plowing when I turned it sharp like when trying to park. I figured it was because of some wore out tires so I got new ones (General Grabbers) and they did the same thing. I took it back and they looked at it and supposedly test drove it and said that was the way it was supposed to drive. Then I thought it might now be because of the aggressive tread from the new tires so I left dissatisfied. Now the tires are wore out and they still do the same thing. I'm like you, it acts like it's in four wheel drive. If I figure it out I'll let you know.