Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

5.3L Vortec Engine

Old April 22nd, 2017, 4:23 PM
CF Beginner

Red face 5.3L Vortec Engine

I need to make a long haul (3500 miles) from the lower South east to the Northwest, I need to haul two trailers on a flatbed trailer appro 45' long. I will be doing it with a '03 Silverado with a 5.3L Vortec Engine . Does anyone know if a faltbed towable trailer or a goose neck would be better?
Old April 29th, 2017, 7:07 PM
CF Beginner

My brother does the same type of hauling that you are talking about. He started out with a regular bumper pull trailer but ended up swapping over to a gooseneck trailer because they have a less chance to wip on you. They also put the weight over your axles for better handling. With gooseneck/5th wheel trailers you don't have to spend as much time trying to make sure the weight is sitting just right on the trailer.

Search this Thread
Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: