Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Alot of smoke

Search this Thread

Old July 10th, 2022, 8:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alot of smoke

The truck smokes a lot on cold starts in the morning and after work. It is an 07 1500 classic 5.3. It's either blue or a combination of blue and white. I found a lot of metal glitter in my oil that had 3k miles on it so I changed the oil and valve stem seals. I added the Lucas heavy-duty oil stabilizer as well. It still smokes a lot and goes through coolant very slowly, but smokes a lot more when I top it off. when at about 5500+ rpm, it will blow a cloud of white smoke from the exhaust. Under the valve covers looked very clean with no sludge at all when I was in there. The truck also makes a slight ticking when idling but runs and drives absolutely fine. Thank you in advance for any info, tips, or answers.
Old July 12th, 2022, 12:07 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by donovaki
The truck smokes a lot on cold starts in the morning and after work. It is an 07 1500 classic 5.3. It's either blue or a combination of blue and white. I found a lot of metal glitter in my oil that had 3k miles on it so I changed the oil and valve stem seals. I added the Lucas heavy-duty oil stabilizer as well. It still smokes a lot and goes through coolant very slowly, but smokes a lot more when I top it off. when at about 5500+ rpm, it will blow a cloud of white smoke from the exhaust. Under the valve covers looked very clean with no sludge at all when I was in there. The truck also makes a slight ticking when idling but runs and drives absolutely fine. Thank you in advance for any info, tips, or answers.
Is the smoke white or blue? You said white. Is the engine oil dropping, so that you have to add oil? How about the coolant? How much/ often do you add it? Good idea changing the valve stem seals.

Last edited by oilcanhenry; July 12th, 2022 at 12:10 PM.