Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

A.c. only blowing cold when driving

Search this Thread

Old April 1st, 2018, 7:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes has electric fans that was just one time I put the gauges on it .it has been charged here by me multi times and also 2 times I have took it to local shops they vacuum it down then charge to factory specs and tell me it's supposed to be like that i know they don't know the real problem I've drove and ridden in many of those year Silverado and sierra had a 04 sierra blew ice all the time I'm convinced it's the blend doors the aspriator or possibly the evaporator just dreading pulling that dash out . The accumulator gets plenty cold and the lines going in the truck hard to believe it won't blow cold sitting I was hoping someone on here had a similar problem could guide me in a good direction .
Old April 1st, 2018, 8:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also guys I'm 36 owned gm my whole life never took anything to a shop before work on all my cars trucks built motors hot rods cars and trucks . I live in tn gets hot in the summers in previous vehicles a.c. either worked or it didn't I lived with it but now with a family needing a.c. . I do remember when I bought the truck man that sold it said they had the dash out for a new heater core so that makes me suspicious of what was done or not I know the rear don't blow at all unless driving then can feel a little come out and it's cold.
Old April 2nd, 2018, 1:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

the rear doesn't blow cold?

the only thing that changes going down the road is airflow thru the condenser and rpm of the compressor. if you had gauges and could watch the pressures while you drive and stop you could tell if it is a airflow issue through the condenser...the pressures would skyrocket when stopped and lower when driving.

blend doors don't change when driving on a electrically operated door system.