Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

C0305 Service 4WD - 2001 Z71

Search this Thread

Old July 20th, 2019, 11:33 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C0305 Service 4WD - 2001 Z71

The old truck is kicking my **** lately with this error message. I'm on hour 100 of internetting trying to get further attack ideas. I think I'm very close. Transmission shop pulled codes C0305 and C0374. I pulled the connector to the speed sensor on the passenger side of the transfer case and sprayed it with Mass Airflow Sensor cleaner. I let it dry then installed/uninstalled/installed several times in an attempt to scratch off corrosion on the posts. The result was a longer duration on the test drive before the Service 4WD message came on. I installed a new sensor altogether but that did not solve the problem. The thought pattern I'm on now is that this is some kind of electrical issue that's beyond my skillset. My hope is that this forum can point me towards any connections/ground points I can check that I haven't gotten to yet.

Symptoms: Push button switch works properly and engages 4WD into 4HI and 4LO effectively. Once in 4HI, error message displays after driving for 60 seconds or so and switch becomes unresponsive until truck is turned off and back on.

Actions Taken: 1) Dash 4WD switch replaced 2) New 4WD actuator 3) New Speed Sensor (OE 12376520) 4) Cleaning frame grounds under driver side 5) Fuse checks 6) Negative battery terminal disconnected for 1 hour