Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Dont know what else could be wrong

Search this Thread

Old April 20th, 2018, 5:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dont know what else could be wrong

I have an 01 2500HD 6.0 "U" that ive just put a 93k mile 6.0 out of an 05. Parts that are new.. fuel pump, fuel filter, MAP sensor, both knock sensors, crank sensor, both heated O2 sensors, plugs, wires, fuel injectors, fuel pressure regulator. Starts fine...idles fine...at idle I can accelorate slowly and its fine... If I stab the gas pedal it acts as if its dieing...like its flooding itself out. If i drive it I acn get to speed but i have to almost feather the pedal to find the right spot then it will go but not like I know it should. At first it was doing same thing. I replaced the injectors...No change. Checked new fuel pump.. was junk. Replaced it. Ran a lot better but when id try to kick down to pass it acted as if it was flooding or retarding as if the knock sensors were bad . But had great power up until then. As I drove it more it seamed to run better....Then it went to the way it is now.... Have checked for air leaks and everything seems fine. The one thing that I did do wrong....although I dont think its the issue... when i ordered injectors i accidently ordered 28lb injectors. I believe they are suppose to be 25 or 26 lb. I am at the end of my rope and my blood pressure has got to be off the charts by now. Also..No codes.