Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

driver side vibration

Search this Thread

Old July 9th, 2018, 3:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driver side vibration

Hey All,

vehicle: 2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 LS 4x4 5.3L.....4 inch suspension w/ 2 inch body..i bought it when it already had the lift. oh and 35 toyo A/T xtremes.

im stumped and not sure what to do next. bought a Travel Trailer and went on a trip. almost home from trip and under my feet while driving i feel a vibration and it comes and goes..mind you im going 60mph. first thing i think is its the tie rod end on the driver side ive been meaning to fix. well i fixed both tie rod ends and still there (note that before trip i fixed lower ball joints). it almost sounds like a jackhammer noise and feeling then it goes away. sometimes it stays longer than other times. i thought it was the U-joints on the rear drive line. fixed both..although my *** end feels better...STILL THERE...it almost feels like the driver tire is going to fall off. the sound of it sounds like once you take the aluminum wheel off and you put the wheel back on, but before you put any lug nuts on the threads the wheel kinda wiggles against the rotor ...thats what the sound brings me too. also i noticed the tire was beginning to start cupping on the outer edge of the driver side tire...rotated the tires the same time i did the tie rod ends and also took in for an alignment right after. so i know those are good..the control arms look good. the ball joints are all new within the last 2 months. the axles are good. the passenger hub is good..driver side i believe is good as the tire is tight when lifted and trying to move it in any direction. im just stumped about the vibration. before it felt like a new truck with no vibration then this happens. 1 thing i havent fixed is the shocks. which i hear those can cause cupping?? to me it seems the shocks are good from all my shake testing as it dont bounce to much after i shake it. Also very curious when it is driving sometimes items in the dash(keys, small flashlight) will begin to rattle. I've stuck Apeman(gopro wannabe) underneath and i do have a video where it sounds like road noise and also at 1:05 it begins the jack hammer noise.

Video Link: