Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Help! No wipers!

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2019, 9:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! No wipers!

Hello, start off my name is Spencer, I have a 1999 chevy silverado 2500 6.0 vortec.

Yesterday we had a huge storm, I was driving home and about half way homey wipers stopped in the middle of the windshield, I finally made it home. I pulled into the shop, 1st thing I did was look threw both fuse boxes. The interior fuse box had one for the wiper motor, which was good and power running to it, then checked the fuse box in engine bay, everything seemed correct other than the windshield washer fuse didnt have power, which it ways worked. Then I swapped out the wiper motor/transmission- nothing changed, then I swapped out the combination switch( blinker,wiper,cruise,brights) nothing still no change, started testing the other fuses, seemed fine. Then I pulled the cowl off for the wiper motor again and unplugged it and seen if I had power, turns out there is no power running to plug.. now what do I do? I'm suppose to leave for camping on friday :/ I have been chasing this for hour and I am.really irritated and low on funds. Please help!
Old October 16th, 2019, 5:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does new multifunction switch have all the same wires as the original on same plug pins, or does it lack some wires? Replacement switches sent to me lack 1 of 4 plugs and lack several wires to long flat plugs.