Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

HVAC problem

Old April 19th, 2017, 7:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC problem

Hello-

I have an 04 Silverado 5.3... dual zone control HVAC

A year ago I had a passenger side blend door activator go out. The passenger side constantly blew hot air. I replaced the part... easy fix. Now I have the same issue, instead of replacing the part already, I took off the actuator and manually opened and closed the blend door with my hand by twisting the door rod that goes into the actuator. My heat still blows regardless of which position the door is in.

Is there something I'm missing? Shouldnt cold air come through in one position of the door or the other depending if it is open or closed? What other deeper problems may I have if it's not the actuator? Could it be the actual control unit? (the one with the buttons and temp slide)

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old April 19th, 2017, 9:14 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Are you sure that the blend door is actually moving when you twist the rod? The rod may be broken off of the actual door. Is the drivers side blowing cold air?
Old April 19th, 2017, 1:47 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by oldchevy
Are you sure that the blend door is actually moving when you twist the rod? The rod may be broken off of the actual door. Is the drivers side blowing cold air?
Yes, the drivers side is ice cold.. When I twist the rod, I can hear the door shut, and sound gets diffrent, but still hot air.
Old April 19th, 2017, 2:34 PM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Does the drivers side switch to hot air with the controls? I am thinking that something is in there blocking the cold air like maybe the door broke off from the drivers side and moved to block the cold air to the passenger side.
Old April 19th, 2017, 2:40 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by oldchevy
Does the drivers side switch to hot air with the controls? I am thinking that something is in there blocking the cold air like maybe the door broke off from the drivers side and moved to block the cold air to the passenger side.

Drivers side works fine. Do you know if there is another door or actuator deeper in the dash that would affect this? Maybe the actual slide for the cold to hot on the button panel is not working???
Old April 21st, 2017, 10:28 AM
CF Beginner

bump.

Search this Thread