Lm7 loosing coolant without any leaks - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Lm7 loosing coolant without any leaks

CF Beginner

June 10th, 2018, 12:27 AM   #1  
Lm7 loosing coolant without any leaks

I was driving the truck for about an hour topped off the coolant yesterday haven't driven it except for that hour. The temp gauge was jumping up and down but not much at all. Got home to check the coolant and it was all gone and I opened the coolant overflow cap and the tank overflowed and started spitting out a ton of coolant. Anyone have any ideas what it could be?

CF Beginner

Ontario

June 10th, 2018, 11:54 AM   #2  
is it coming out of the exhaust. Could be your head gasket.

CF Senior Member

Hicksville Ks

June 10th, 2018, 6:54 PM   #3  
Are you sure you didn't have an air bubble trapped?

I like to open the system while it's cool before the thermostat opens, top it off and idle it until it opens the thermostat, add coolant as needed. I tend to let it run long, just to make sure it circulates as much as possible.

CF Beginner

June 12th, 2018, 8:10 PM   #4  
How to bleed the cooling system

change the radiator couple days ago losing coolant after maybe about 30 minutes or so boiling pullover put more water in temperature goes down to around 210 can only drive short distance can somebody please advise

CF Beginner

Ontario

June 13th, 2018, 8:09 AM   #5  
Posted By: bear69 change the radiator couple days ago losing coolant after maybe about 30 minutes or so boiling pullover put more water in temperature goes down to around 210 can only drive short distance can somebody please advise

maybe an air lock, or faulty themostat

Search this Thread
Sponsors

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: