Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Mouse eaten engine harness, need help

Search this Thread

Old September 4th, 2018, 2:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mouse eaten engine harness, need help

Hello everyone, So was up at my property this past weekend, fire up my 2002 3500 8.1 vortec dually and its running like garbage. Open the hood and see some rat faced bastard.....(rodent).....chewed several wires out of my wiring harness.

Can i just splice in some wiring to fix or does that mess with engine performance, timings due to resistance of wires, etc....

If i need to order a replacement any one have a part number or recommend a place to pick one up?

See pics, this is on the passenger side, top of engine running into large harness that crosses the top of the rear of the engine. I would assume it has come type of control of cylinders since it seemed like it was missing. top of engine picture, its the harness running down the left in the picture, passenger side. You can just make out where the covering is gone in the shadow, close up picture is of that area.

Any help would be appreciated.

Allen
Old September 4th, 2018, 4:21 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Splicing will be fine, same guage as original,battery unhooked for repair,makes me think of getting the traps out, might as well
Old September 5th, 2018, 11:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I normally leave the hood up when i am away or during cold months....left it shut for a week while i was away...dumb, dumb, dumb...