Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Much appreciated

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2019, 11:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Much appreciated

Thank you guys so much! I can at least narrow down what to look for.. I experienced this clicking 2 years ago!(February 2017) On my 02 heard it for 2 days then it stopped untill this 2018-2019winter.. And the last 4 months its been making the noise.. And my tires have the toe in and toe out wear on them.. Thinking I might buy a front end kit.. Any suggestions on a quality kit for a decent price.. Looked on rockauto. They had one for under 500.. Not sure if it would include the right parts to fix. My possible rear u joint problem.... As the original poster stated... My clicking usually starts after a block of driving.... Thanks again I know this post is a few years old.. Otherwise ill start a new one
Old May 2nd, 2019, 12:44 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

moved your post as the one you replied to was 10 years old. is yours associated with turning the wheel and driving or just straight driving?
Old May 13th, 2019, 4:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So sorry for the slow reply.... The noise (clicking) happens when I drive straight or when I'm turning... If I havent driven for a few hours and every cools down.. The first block or 2 I drive I dont hear it.. Untill I slow down to stop for a stop sign. From then on I hear the noise. Untill going fast enough the wind drowns out the noise... Truck goes into shop tomorrow.. Gonna get a cv shaft and inner cv joint..... The post I originally commented which was 9yrs old lol.. What the guy explained in his. Is to the T what I'm experiencing.. Gonna try what he fixed on his truck and see if that's what is wrong with mine..... I believe he said his mechanic said it was the rear u joint on front drive shaft... So gonna buy both and return whichever one it isnt... On the way to O'Reilly's

Last edited by 02chevy1500; May 13th, 2019 at 5:02 PM. Reason: Correcting part info