Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

My Valentine's Day Present to ME!

Search this Thread

Old February 19th, 2019, 9:15 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Valentine's Day Present to ME!

I've been toying with this idea for a few months now and finally took the plunge, if that's the right way to put it. Anyway as my handle says I own a 99 Silverado extended cab 3 door. It's got 245,xxx miles on it and this past summer I replaced all the brake lines due to leaks. So far, So good. It still runs nice and most everything works like it should. The gas gauge sometimes doesn't want to read right until I hit a few bumps and then it comes on. Not a real big deal.

Anyway, I've been thinking of getting something newer so I went to the credit union to see what I'd qualify for. The lady worked it up and told me how much I'm worth... Like I usually do when a new/newer pickup parks next to, or near me, I ask if they want to trade even up. Well, on Valentine's Day there was a newer GMC Sierra parked next to me in the credit union parking lot so I asked my question. He did say it was for sale and that he was going to run it over to get a new windshield put in as this one had a crack along the bottom. It was a 2006 only had 106,xxx miles on it. Heck, it's almost brand new. One thing led to another and now the truck is mine. It came to just under $10,000 after tax, license etc. etc. etc. It's got the 5.3 Liter and 4 wheel drive just like my 99. And the way my 99 runs is one reason I sprang for this one. I'm still going to keep the 99 and drive it now and then so it doesn't rust away but it's nice to have a newer one that has only two tiny spots of rust that I could find. Shouldn't be too hard to fix. I also ordered a set of running boards for it today.

I wonder now if I'm going to have to change my "handle" from 99 Silverado 3 door to 06 Sierra 4 door.

Last edited by 99 Silverado 3 door; February 19th, 2019 at 9:21 PM.
Old February 20th, 2019, 7:24 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

The 99 looks like it is in very good condition. I had a 99 for 14 years and I was very happy with it. It was a great truck. I am also very happy with my 2013 Silverado. Good Luck with your 06.