Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

A newbie to the forum

Search this Thread

Old November 12th, 2015, 7:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile A newbie to the forum

Hey there. My name is Trevor and I'm the owner of an '04 Silverado 2500. As a newbie to the forum, I'm hoping to engage in a positive dialogue with fellow chevy truck enthusiasts.
Old November 12th, 2015, 8:17 AM
CF Beginner

Default Here's an icebreaker of sorts...

Here's something interesting to start with as an icebreaker of sorts...My uncle was the previous owner of my truck. After his death, my aunt had no desire to keep it...which is how I ended up with the truck.

Since receiving it, I've had to make a few repairs. A few days ago I ordered a pair of front struts online. Here's the url:
5071-FS - SENSEN Shocks Struts, Front Pair, 2 Pieces, NEW, Lifetime Warranty at APX Auto Parts! Buy auto parts online|Buy Shocks & Struts online.

I had never bought the Sensen brand before, but the struts were very affordable (including a 5% discount) ! So I decided to take advantage of it. Here's the coupon code: silverado5

I hope this helps those who may be in the market for a pair of front struts for a '99-'04 model. Please let me know if this is indeed the case.
Old February 17th, 2016, 12:07 PM
CF Beginner

I'm on the lookout for a set of shocks for my 2000 Silverado. Because its an older truck I don't think I should have to pay a lot of money for parts. Just out of curiosity do you know if the above discount is still valid? Did you have any problems with your sensen parts?
Old February 18th, 2016, 9:44 AM
CF Beginner

I definitely understand where you're coming from bradyroker. My Silverado's a 2004, which means four years of less wear and tear, essentially. You're absolutely right though...Parts for older vehicles should be more affordable.

Anyways, I did manage to check the website last night. It's been a while since my last order, but the coupon code (silverado5) is still valid! I doubt most people are even aware of this. Now, are you looking for a pair of fronts? Or rears?

My experience with the Sensen brand has gone quite well actually. I don't really have any complaints thus far. Thanks for asking. Here's the url to Sensen's website, if you're interested SENSEN Shock Absorbers and Struts |SENSEN North America.
Old February 25th, 2016, 2:26 PM
CF Beginner

A pair of front shocks is really what I'm looking for but a friend of mine suggested that I should think about buying a pair of rear shocks too. He said something about it's not such a good idea to have two different pairs of shocks on my truck. If the front two need to be replaced its only a matter of time before you're replacing the rear two. Makes sense. Thanks a lot man for the coupon code.
Old February 28th, 2016, 9:18 PM
CF Active Member

Better if replace all four shocks all together since you are there and they are about 16yeas.
Old March 1st, 2016, 2:30 PM
CF Beginner

I agree with both your friend as well as gearbox. You should probably replace all four shocks.

So it looks like you're going to need some rears too bradyroker. Here's the url to a pair of rears Buy Sensen Rear Pair Shocks Struts for 1999-2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500, Warranty | 1214-0154, 1214-0154,344385, 32341.

Now I don't think the coupon code can be applied to the rear shocks, but you can try it. See what happens. Let me know if you make any progress. But the code can definitely be applied to the fronts.

Last edited by tre1; March 1st, 2016 at 2:32 PM. Reason: included a member name