Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

No burnout OBS

Search this Thread

Old June 11th, 2019, 11:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No burnout OBS

I have a 2000 Cheyenne, it’s the normal round body style like the Silverado. I guess the name changes due to mine being an import from Mexico, also doesn’t have the normal 5.3, it’s a vortec 5.7, though other than the engine everything seems to look like it belongs to a 5.3. From fuse box to instrument panel cluster, don’t know why in mexico they didn’t come out with a 5.3 until later years. The deal is, i make a full stop, try putting the truck into first gear, drive, and in neither of these will the truck allow me to do a burnout. Yes I know the consequences to doing this, but for fun, at truck meets and on random days I would like for my truck to peel out. I can floor the pedal but the RPM’s don’t go up from 2k. Truck has 17’s with 275/55 Yokohama A/T tires and don’t know if this matters or not. No clue what diff is in it as the previous owners put a posi in the rear. The throttle isn’t electronic either, so don’t understand how it isn’t letting me get higher revs to break the tires loose. Don’t know if I’m missing any information to post but any helps all appreciated.
Old June 13th, 2019, 11:57 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Cheyenne
I have a 2000 Cheyenne, it’s the normal round body style like the Silverado. I guess the name changes due to mine being an import from Mexico, also doesn’t have the normal 5.3, it’s a vortec 5.7, though other than the engine everything seems to look like it belongs to a 5.3. From fuse box to instrument panel cluster, don’t know why in mexico they didn’t come out with a 5.3 until later years. The deal is, i make a full stop, try putting the truck into first gear, drive, and in neither of these will the truck allow me to do a burnout. Yes I know the consequences to doing this, but for fun, at truck meets and on random days I would like for my truck to peel out. I can floor the pedal but the RPM’s don’t go up from 2k. Truck has 17’s with 275/55 Yokohama A/T tires and don’t know if this matters or not. No clue what diff is in it as the previous owners put a posi in the rear. The throttle isn’t electronic either, so don’t understand how it isn’t letting me get higher revs to break the tires loose. Don’t know if I’m missing any information to post but any helps all appreciated.
Are you power braking it?
Old June 13th, 2019, 12:08 PM
CF Beginner

I’ve even tried flooring the brake pedal and slowly letting off to see if I can find a sweet spot but no luck
Old June 13th, 2019, 3:31 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

could be due to a lack of power, due to a fuel pump going out. is your check engine light on? can you put a fuel pressure tester on it?
Old June 13th, 2019, 3:59 PM
CF Beginner

It’s got power believe me, don’t have a fuel pressure gauge at hand but truck doesn’t give me any problems even if I floor it, check engine lights off and if it turns on it’s due to the o2 sensors due to the cat being deleted.
just tried doing one today and surprisingly the rpms starting crawling a little bit, don’t know what’s wrong or what’s missing in the equation
Old June 14th, 2019, 8:41 AM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

if it has power it would do a burn out. will it spin tires just flooring it from a stop?
Old June 14th, 2019, 12:06 PM
CF Beginner

Yes it will