Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

P0171

Search this Thread

Old August 20th, 2022, 4:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P0171

05 z71 5.3 extended cab.

Over the past few months my check engine light has come on and gone off multiple times. Didn’t think anything of it because the last time I checked it was a evap leak and I assumed it was my gas cap. A few days ago I noticed that it seemed a little off as far as power. Not significantly but I can definitely notice it. Took it to O’Reilly‘s and I’m getting a Lean condition in Bank one. The check engine light went off again but I can still notice the lack of power. I did the water bottle check over the intake manifold to see if I can notice any change and attempt to locate a leak But didn’t affect it at all From what I could tell. My next step is going to be to check the fuel pressure. I replace the MAF sensor a few months prior. If anybody knows of any good scanning tools that’s on the cheaper end of things that can show me the data capture from when the codes were thrown please let me know. Any tips tricks or information that would be helpful is much appreciated. Thank you
Old August 20th, 2022, 9:16 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Ivy05z71
05 z71 5.3 extended cab.

Over the past few months my check engine light has come on and gone off multiple times. Didn’t think anything of it because the last time I checked it was a evap leak and I assumed it was my gas cap. A few days ago I noticed that it seemed a little off as far as power. Not significantly but I can definitely notice it. Took it to O’Reilly‘s and I’m getting a Lean condition in Bank one. The check engine light went off again but I can still notice the lack of power. I did the water bottle check over the intake manifold to see if I can notice any change and attempt to locate a leak But didn’t affect it at all From what I could tell. My next step is going to be to check the fuel pressure. I replace the MAF sensor a few months prior. If anybody knows of any good scanning tools that’s on the cheaper end of things that can show me the data capture from when the codes were thrown please let me know. Any tips tricks or information that would be helpful is much appreciated. Thank you
You have too much air or not enough fuel. Could be a bad fuel injector or a bad PCV system leaking air, or a bad oxygen sensor.
The following users liked this post:
Ivy05z71 (August 29th, 2022)
Old August 29th, 2022, 3:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
You have too much air or not enough fuel. Could be a bad fuel injector or a bad PCV system leaking air, or a bad oxygen sensor.
Nice call with the PCV system leak! Boot was old and cracked. Replaced it and she’s all good!
The following users liked this post:
oilcanhenry (September 3rd, 2022)