Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Squealing problems

Search this Thread

Old August 16th, 2017, 8:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishbones182
Could be power steering pull. Kind of stumped myself on that one. But you did mention it has some play in it.
So I have one other test I'll try before taking it to a repair shop to get it diagnosed. I'm going to put the old belt on as it isnt worn or cracked. Maybe I was given the wrong belt for the truck when I bought it. Because the sound got worse after I put the new belt on. I'll keep you updated regardless.
Old August 23rd, 2017, 12:40 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Fishbones182
Sounds like you've narrowed it down to a couple possibilities. Let us know what it was when you have it fixed.
well the dealership said it was an AC belt and tensioner. To which I said I could easily replace. Since that day forward it has not squeaked. Things is I didnt replace the AC assembly. At least it has stopped and i have new parts if it does decide to break
Old August 26th, 2017, 7:33 PM
CF Beginner

That is awesome. Sorry for delay in reply have been moving into a new home. Come to think about it I didn't even give any thought to the a.c. Belt or tensioner on these trucks. Good find and thanks for the update.