Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Trying to Help Dad

Search this Thread

Old August 4th, 2018, 7:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to Help Dad

Hi folks. My name is Jerry. I'm trying to help my father save his money by troubleshooting and repairing his 2004 Chevy Silverado 1500. For several months now, when he starts the truck, it idles just fine. When he puts it in drive to go down the road, it stalls REALLY REALLY bad like it's about to die. It eventually works it's way out to where there is a normal response at the pedal. But as soon as he stops at a light or let's of the throttle and reapplies pressure to the accelerator, it hesitates extremely again. We've replaced the air filter, and the fuel filter. We've changed the spark plugs as well. Nothing has worked so far. Because we don't have much money, I told my father to wait before taking it to a mechanic and let me register on a Chevy forum and see if I can get him some help. So here I am. I'm a diesel mechanic by trade out of the Marine Corps, but this gasoline engine has me stummped. I think it may be fuel or vacuum related. Any suggestions or help you guys can provide would be so appreciated by me, and my father!
Old August 4th, 2018, 7:14 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Replace the fuel filter, again
Old August 4th, 2018, 7:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kevinkpk
Replace the fuel filter, again
Ok, I'll give it a shot! Thank you!