Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

09 Silverado starting issue

Search this Thread

Old March 24th, 2019, 6:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Silverado starting issue

Hey Guys,

Im in a bad spot. We were supposed to trade in our truck today and almost hilariously it doesn’t want to start. I have tested the starter and it works fine. It is a 09 Silverado 5.3. The battery is good. All of the fuses in the engine compartment are good. Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for the starting circuit?
Old March 24th, 2019, 8:31 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Tbarb521
Hey Guys,

Im in a bad spot. We were supposed to trade in our truck today and almost hilariously it doesn’t want to start. I have tested the starter and it works fine. It is a 09 Silverado 5.3. The battery is good. All of the fuses in the engine compartment are good. Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for the starting circuit?
You need to check the basics: Fuel and Fire to the cylinders. Have you hooked up a scantool yet? Post any OBD II codes here so we can help you out.
Old March 24th, 2019, 8:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks oilcanhenry. This is a no crank issue. The starter solenoid isn’t getting any voltage. I am chasing an electrical fault. What I need is a starting circuit diagram so I can methodically go through the components. I am thinking it’s an anti theft system issue. The neutral safety switch is good, the ignition switch is good, all of the relays are good, the starter is good, the battery is good. Does anyone know if there is a way to bypass the security system so I can rule it out of the equation?