Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   2007 - 2013 (GMT900) (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/2007-2013-gmt900-109/)
-   -   2008 Silverado Radio/Speakers issue (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/2007-2013-gmt900-109/2008-silverado-radio-speakers-issue-34419/)

baldana April 6th, 2012 9:37 AM

Basically this is what I am experiencing and if you follow this thread, this issue was solved with a new pair (L&R) of 6.5" speakers, so I don't think it's a short until I change my speakers as well.

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service (Post 211849)
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> lonas08Z71,

It sounds as if there is a short somewhere. Have you had the system inspected?

Louis
GM Customer Service

Gixxerific April 6th, 2012 9:32 PM

I know what the problem is. The stereo and the speakers are garbage. This is my third Chevy truck, though I am an audio nut. I prefer the ultra high end of the range. The stuff I have taken out of my trucks is the ultimate crap.

Just bought a 2010 Silverado and the stereo and speakers are garbage. That is alright I tokk all my stereo stuff out of my old truck. Just a matter of time of getting it put in my new truck.

Than it will be bliss again.

Good luck with your problems.

lonas08Z71 April 7th, 2012 5:40 AM

Come to think of it, last summer my Chevy Service Provider had to pull the dash out to place the AC flow control door which shorted out. This problem started after that.

steelman48 April 10th, 2012 12:44 PM

Speaker Problem

08 Silverado ex cab, door speakers kaput. Removed L front, checked with meter dead. Have a 99 Suburban with over 140.000 miles,speakers work fine. So I guess quality of parts has declined. Died in the wool Chevy man, dont like the word F---, but maybe I'll change. They didn't have to be bailed out by US. Must be a quite a few people with speaker problem. How about it Chevy rep. Send me new speakers I'll put'm in myself.

Doug Roberts April 10th, 2012 9:44 PM

Sounds like a ground wire to me if more then one thing is broke start at battery work backwards
If it was hot wire it would not work and come on and off so its getting ground just not 100% I know you guys looked but keep looking its there

kdavis4998 April 11th, 2012 8:27 AM

Join the club! You'll have to change them all out as I did with some real speakers. Best advice is get an audio shop to do it as the trim does not remove as easy as they used to plus dealing with the auto windows and locks are a bitch.

RacerX April 11th, 2012 10:01 AM

Replace all those crap speakers with some Panasonics or Blaupunkts and you will be much more enthused.

Sparks134 April 12th, 2012 10:49 AM

Yep, same prob with an '02 Silverado. Got a set of Kicker speakers for the front doors from Crutchfields for $62.00 shipped. All is good now. Installation was pretty straight forward. Saw a video on youtube, door panel removal.........these speakers are better than OEM..........Ed

elmerd April 20th, 2012 2:19 PM

I just removed mine today. I have a Hanes repair manual it should tell you everything you need to know. All I had to do was pop out the plastic trim piece then there are two bolts on your ac control and four on your stereo you should be good from there just be careful with the anti theft lock out because it will cause your truck not to start then you will have to take it to a dealership

elmerd April 20th, 2012 2:26 PM

the door panels are easy if you need more detail hit me up