Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2008 Silverado Work Truck Many Electrical Issues.

Search this Thread

Old June 17th, 2017, 6:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Silverado Work Truck Many Electrical Issues.

Replaced the BCM, Fuse block and Multi function switch trying, with no luck, to get the following things to work. Any subsections on what to do next are welcome.

NOT WORKING:
rt turn
4 way flash rt front
rt ft parking lamps
dome light
courtesy lights
door chime
wipers, (Only high speed works)
wipe/wash
cruise control

Last edited by LDiN; June 17th, 2017 at 7:08 AM. Reason: Also, check engine light along with "ENGINE HOT A/C TURNED OFF" will appear for a while then go away, checking shows not hot
Old June 17th, 2017, 9:03 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

the wipers use something called a mux resistive circuit...if anything is wired in or changes the resistance of the circuit...nothing will work.

is the air bag light on. cruise, wipers run through the clockspring.

all of the body electrical system has diagnostic trouble code capability. See if body codes are set. You will need a full function scan tool to read these codes. these codes do not turn on the mil.
Old June 18th, 2017, 6:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your response, The tech that programmed the BCM said there were no error codes. The passenger air bag light is lite and displays the word "Off". The airbag light/symbol on the instrument panel comes on when the key is turned on then goes off after a second or so and stays off with the engine running. The wiper problem would come and go (full function then high speed only) and after about a year its now high speed only. The rest of the issues, not all at the same time, started out the same way, part time fail and finally full time fail. All of this has taken place over a 3.5 year period.....
Old January 7th, 2018, 12:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Door Chimes

I have an 08, LT1, I lost the door Chimes and didn't really care to much but then noticed that I also had no sound coming from the driver side door speaker. Turns out the Door chime is a function of the factory radio and the sound comes form the door speaker. Around the same time I had begun noticing the window controls worked intermittently so Ordered the window controls and new speaker, open'd the door panel and found that all the contacts for both the window controls and speaker terminals were corroded. As it turns out this is apparently a typical issue, Moisture gets inside the door and corrodes the contacts. I probably could have cleaned everything up butt figured the parts were new and cheap so just replace them. Around the same time I also lost Cruise control. Did some forum searching and found the most common failure point was the Brake sensor on the brake pedal. Even though there is no baking pressure being applied the sensor is telling the truck that there is therefore disabling the cruise control and preventing it from activation. Sounds like you simply have multiple compound issues. I have also. IN the past 2 years I have had to replace multiple Parts on this truck, many of which failing at the same time or very close to it. So far nothing I haven't been able to fix myself.