Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2009 Silverado 1500 2WD 5.3 V8 electrical nightmare

Search this Thread

Old June 20th, 2017, 3:06 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2009 Silverado 1500 2WD 5.3 V8 electrical nightmare

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. A few weeks ago my truck started acting off, every so often the door locks would rapidly go up and down and my indicator lights would go off and on and all gauges would go up and down and fluctuate. It happened very randomly eventually it would shut the truck down completely with zero response for trying to lock or start the engine. After about 5 minutes or so I would hear the CD played start trying to read and the truck magically came back to life. 2 weeks ago I had enough and took it to the dealer and paid the $125 to have the diagnostic check. They came back with an alternator issue. I fixed the alternator and everything was going good. Then 4 days ago on my way back to the cities (about a 3 hour drive) it started acting up again. Same thing it was doing initially. However this time I was using cruise control (as I normally do) it would kick off cruise control and the radio would make weird noises but nothing major. A little while later still using cruise control it went into pure chaos mode again. I turned cruise control off and made it another 2 hours with no issue. Since then my cruise control has been off but this morning it did the full meltdown again while driving on the freeway. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.