Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2009 Silverado Check Engine Light Issues

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2017, 3:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Silverado Check Engine Light Issues

I apologize if this, or something similar has already been posted, but thought I would give it a go. A couple of years ago while pulling out onto the highway, my 2009 Silverado almost came to a complete hault in the middle of the lanes. The check engine light had been on for quite some time already, but we couldn't figure out why, it wasn't throwing any type of code. That morning the stabiltrak light came on and my "reduced engine power" message popped up. I'm not a big car guy and, quite honestly, do not know much about them but thankfully my wife's family is full of car guys, whether it be mechanics, painters, body guys or restorers. Took it to her uncle, he mentioned that there was something up with the gas pedal and that it was a sensor. Replaced the sensor, moved on, check engine light went off, all good. Then, a week later, the check engine light came back on again. Once again, we checked it and nothing. Fast forward about a year and entire scenario happened again. Again, the code was talking about the gas pedal, we replaced the pedal last week, all good, check engine light went off finally. Until today....the check engine light is now BACK on again.

Has anyone had issues with their check engine light coming on when everything is fine? It drives me nuts and I cannot figure out for the life of me why it continues to come on!

Any insight would be appreciated!