Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2010, check engine, cruise, or traction light stopped working? Fuse?

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2018, 11:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010, check engine, cruise, or traction light stopped working? Fuse?

EDIT: SOLVED! I was drawing too much power off of the under the hood fuse box(these are digital GMLAN signals) for my aftermarket stereo. Removing the fuse tap, and hard wiring into a pink ignition loom wire under the steering column fixed this!

So, I was probing the factory stereo harness a few months back doing an aftermarket stereo install on my 2010, and I probed over to ground blowing the stereo fuse. Got that replaced, but ever since, my check engine light does not light on ignition roll, my traction controll light does not work(but the HUD will tell me it's off), and my cruise light does not come on when it's activated(cruise does work).

Anyone know what would cause this other than another blown fuse? If so, which fuse? Can't find it... I've googled for what feels like hours, no luck. Also, I have plugged the factory head unit back in, hoping that was it, but it changed nothing

UPDATE #1:
Here's a link to video of what my truck is doing:

UPDATES #2:

I've been wiggling wires, and re-seating all connectors related to the cluster, and the body connectors on the inside fuse box, no luck

Last edited by teknogeek1300; June 3rd, 2018 at 1:50 PM.
Old May 10th, 2018, 1:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a link to video of what my truck is doing: