Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2012 1500 Silverado LT 5.3 V8 130k miles

Search this Thread

Old July 24th, 2024, 3:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2012 1500 Silverado LT 5.3 V8 130k miles

Rear Wheel Drive W/ 4X4 Pick Up truck

Greetings from Windy City, Chi Town(outskirts of Chicago in Park Ridge, IL.)

Purchased it a few months ago for $7k and put new tires on it and fixed it up a bit … I now have a little over $11k

Last week the Service Tire monitoring check engine light came on. Along with another (see below pics). I went on Amazon and purchased the 2012 Sil sensors ($50) and had them installed today ($60) thinking that may solve the above mentioned. Thought incorrect, as now they’re not reading the tire pressure? I stopped at Just Tires to get them programmed to the car (even though they claim they’re programmed already). Just tires Tech mentioned the TPMS frequency may not be the same or something in the vehicle monitoring system itself has failed ?

if anyone can chime in and can help with any suggestions I’d be appreciative. Thank you.

PeterB.

-

Sidebar: I’m also getting the Service Park Assist and when I get it car if I hit the check mark on left of steering column on dash, it goes away ??

-

Old July 24th, 2024, 10:32 PM
CF Beginner

Interesting isn't it ??
Old July 25th, 2024, 8:27 AM
CF Beginner

Good morning -

Some forums are really really good, Corvette Forum being one of the best. Even my Son's Subaru forum is very good. The Jeep Forums quite helpful. Participants respond with pics etc...
Man, you ask, post a questions, need assistance many quick responses, technicians and just ordinary folk try to help you.

I've never been on this one, some forums are, may be abandoned by all but a handful of participants with less than spare time monitors...
How goes it on this forum ? I need help, are there another Chevy trucks forums? Thank you.

-

Last edited by PeterB.; July 25th, 2024 at 8:31 AM.
Old July 25th, 2024, 8:39 AM
CF Active Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi! Are there other Chevy truck forums? Certainly. I've come across them myself as the owner of two Chevy trucks. I can't say if they are more or less helpful than here. I've posted some questions that got no answers, and some questions that elicited multiple helpful responses. I think the key is, unless someone has info on your specific problem, they are not going to offer up advice. You gave a lot of info and pictures, but I think you answered your own question when you said the wheel sensors might be the wrong ones.

About the only thought I have is that you got cheap knock off sensors off Amazon that are not the right thing. I would consider checking rockauto.com or another auto parts distributor and see if they have a part that is the right TPMS wheel sensor.

I do not personally drive a vehicle with a TPMS system, as both of my trucks predate that. My wife's 2012 Subaru is driving around with the TPMS light on all the time because the dealer wanted $800+ to replace the 4 wheel sensors and program them.

Good luck.
Old July 25th, 2024, 8:49 AM
CF Beginner

Good morning and thank you JF. I appreciate you taking the time to chime in. Much appreciated.

I'm not sure, they said in the advertisement comparable to Silverado, they were not cheap at $55K but yes I just had a $26 set delivered this morning that the amazon pro desk thought maybe the correct ones. I saved the box once they're changed out, I'll return them at whole foods back to Amazon... One good thing about Amazon, no isues with returns other than the time it takes to spend on the phone to the Philippines.

I'm golfing today so I don't have time to drive to the Mexican tire shop to get the guys to throw them on $60.

I'm in almost deuce, which is probably about what they would charge an hour at the dealership to diagnose it. I'll install these TPMS and see how they play out. Fingers crossed.

Anyone know anything else on this subject or the Service "Park Assist" please. Thank you

Last edited by PeterB.; July 25th, 2024 at 8:50 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jfmorris (July 25th, 2024)
Old July 25th, 2024, 8:59 AM
CF Active Member

Good luck. If the new ones from Amazon don't work, I suggest looking here:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...)+sensor,12036

They sell many wheel sensors including GM genuine and other brands. I've been buying parts from Rockauto.com for about a year now, and find them to offer better quality parts in many cases than what I would get off Amazon, and at much cheaper prices than local places like Autozone.
Old July 25th, 2024, 9:45 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks again Mr. Morris.. Much obliged.

Btw FYI on my Son's 2010 Subaru Forester 100K miles, previous owner could not figure out their TPMS dash light on the wife's car either. I bought them on amazon $40 (I always opt for the slightly more expensive ones thinking they're better even though they weren't in the Silverado case, I was referred to the $26 ones) anyways I changed them out on the Forester, stopped by the Just Tires and they programmed to the car, everything works fine on it past year...

Service Park Assist on the Silverado is an open inquiry for help please

_
jfmorris (July 25th, 2024)
Old July 25th, 2024, 10:25 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by PeterB.
Thanks again Mr. Morris.. Much obliged.

Btw FYI on my Son's 2010 Subaru Forester 100K miles, previous owner could not figure out their TPMS dash light on the wife's car either. I bought them on amazon $40 (I always opt for the slightly more expensive ones thinking they're better even though they weren't in the Silverado case, I was referred to the $26 ones) anyways I changed them out on the Forester, stopped by the Just Tires and they programmed to the car, everything works fine on it past year...
_
Well, I guess I can go that route, but since I don't have the facility to break the bead on the tire and install the TPMS sensor inside the wheel at home, I imagine I could buy the sensors, and pay the place that put the Subaru tires on last year to install them.
Old Yesterday, 8:01 AM
CF Beginner

Good morning Gentlemen -

Can anyone please chime in with what, how to rid of the "Service Park Assist notification please?

Much appreciated. Thank you.

-
Old Yesterday, 2:20 PM
CF Beginner

Yup changed to correct TPMS frequency new sensors ($29 on amazon) and tech reprogrammed them at Just Tires with electronic tool based on year and model. Spent another $60 to install and remove previous ones to return to Amazon. Immediately ALL GOOD, cleared on the tire check engine light. all that's left now is the "Service Park Assist light" that comes on when you start the vehicle, leaves when you touch the check mark button on dash, left of center steering column. anyone have any advise suggestions on that ??

I gather we don't have any retired techs that browse this forum to assist ??

jfmorris (Yesterday)

Quick Reply: 2012 1500 Silverado LT 5.3 V8 130k miles