Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2012 silverado brake issue

Search this Thread

Old August 1st, 2021, 11:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 silverado brake issue

I have a 2012 reg cab W/T v6. I just bought from a guy who did construction who didn't ever change the brake fluid. Upon driving it for a while there are issues with the brakes sticking. Such issues I can not find symptoms or solutions on the internet. When driving, my front right brakes will intermittently and randomly grab and release the brakes. Sometimes they will hold back the truck from moving off the torque converter at a stop light. other times it drives perfectly normal. I have got wheel off ground and it spun very freely, no play in tie rods or bearings. The brake pads are worn a little off, the brakes don't sizzle when i spit on it after a drive. I flushed the brake fluid and it seemed to go away for a week and now it is back. caliper guide pins are lubed and freely moving as well as the brake pad guides. Another thing that had been happening but strangely fixed itself after a while.... was that the brake pedal would kick back sharply, not like a warped rotor. I could feel it in the pedal braking at slow speeds. a knock sound coming from the engine bay. I understand that it could be calipers, flex lines, maybe a combination valve for the sticking
but I haven't been able to match a solution to symptom. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old August 8th, 2021, 8:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may need to have the ABS reprogrammed. An indy shop can do it.