Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Dimmed navigation all the way OFF how to turn back on?

Search this Thread

Old December 1st, 2018, 11:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dimmed navigation all the way OFF how to turn back on?

Hello, it seems I’ve made a mistake and can’t find any YouTube videos etc. to help. My navigation was so bright at night I found the dimmer under display settings and ended up dimming it all the way off. Now with no display I can’t get it back on. I’ve let it sit for days and it doesn’t reset. I guess I’ll disconnect battery to see if it returns to factory settings? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!
Old December 3rd, 2018, 7:10 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by WildMtnMer
Hello, it seems I’ve made a mistake and can’t find any YouTube videos etc. to help. My navigation was so bright at night I found the dimmer under display settings and ended up dimming it all the way off. Now with no display I can’t get it back on. I’ve let it sit for days and it doesn’t reset. I guess I’ll disconnect battery to see if it returns to factory settings? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!
Did you try to reset to factory or original stock settings yet?
Old December 3rd, 2018, 12:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tried disconnecting batteries

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
Did you try to reset to factory or original stock settings yet?
Hi, I disconnected the batteries for about an hour but still didn’t work. Do you know how reset to factory? I don’t and couldn’t find anything in my manual. Thanks again for any help!!
Old December 12th, 2018, 1:34 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I dim mine completely off all the time because the auto-dim feature doesn't work. Just press any of the buttons on either side of the screen and it comes back on.