Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
View Poll Results: Which year make and model is giving you the stabilitrak error
Silverado
100.00%
Avalanche
0%
Malibu
0%
Impala
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Engine Operating at Reduced Power Service Stabilitrak

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2022, 8:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Engine Operating at Reduced Power Service Stabilitrak

I have brought my 2008 Silverado to the shop 5 times for the same problem, each time I was almost in a serious wreck, because the truck just looses power in the middle of driving. The dealership first told me it was some sort of Fuel Pressure Sensor, I changed that. The next time i got the same check engine code at 75 miles per hour and almost caused a pile up on the highway, got it towed again, and this time I was told it was the fuel pump, because that was the error code. The next time I was on the interstate doing 75 and the code popped up again, I had to swerve off of the highway, then swerve again to keep from hitting a tree, because I was on wet grass. I took it to the mechanic (at this point I dont trust the dealership anymore) and I was told it was a clogged fuel line. I got that changed and the same thing happened about 4 weeks ago and I was told now the error code is my throttle body, i had that and the sensors changed. Once again I am on the highway headed to work and ..... yep you guessed it..... same error code, but get this, I almost get rear ended by an 18 wheeler because the code came up again guess where, on the highway. Its back at the mechanic shop, and has been for over a week. Im wondering if I need a lawyer, because something is seriously wrong with this vehicle and not one mechanic seems to know what is going on. I have been in some very scary hair raising events because this error code keeps coming up. I am reaching out first to get some answers. If anyone has a solution please email me.... Just to give you an idea, I had all of the grounds checked, the transmission rebuilt, and now I am at my wits end on what to do next.