Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Front doors don’t turn on interior lights when opened

Search this Thread

Old October 27th, 2020, 1:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front doors don’t turn on interior lights when opened

Hello all,
Having issues with my interior lights. When I open the front doors they do not turn on. Opening the rear doors turns them on.
Everything else works. RAP continues to provide power to the radio until door opens. The lights turn on when I remove the key from ignition. Lights turn on when I unlock truck with remote. Lights turn on when I push on them for map light function. As stated earlier the rear door turns on the lights and they dim off after closing the doors. I’ve search the internet without any luck. Considered that could be a bad switch........both front door switches going out at the same time. Not impossible but unlikely. But if switches went bad then why does the RAP remain functional. I have literally checked every fuse in the cabin fuse box and none of them were burnt. Check a couple in the engine compartment that I could logically link to the door operation. The dome override button works, because when engage it the rear doors don’t turn on the lights.
Have any members experienced this or heard of this? I know it’s not a critical issue, but just very irritating. Any help is appreciated. Oh it’s a 2012 Silverado 2500HD LTZ.
Old October 27th, 2020, 6:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

sounds like a programming issue in the BCM maybe