Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:23 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Interior courtesy lights stay on

Search this Thread

Old June 9th, 2010, 12:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior courtesy lights stay on

2002 Tahoe. My courtesy lights stay on. I can press the dome overide switch to turn them off. If I overide the lights to turn them off and scroll the dimmer switch up to the point that it clicks, the lights will come on. There are no messages about ajar doors on my dash display. I'm not sure what would be causing the lights to stay on. Any ideas from simple suggestions to complex diagnosis welcome. Thanks in advance!
Old March 5th, 2011, 12:05 PM
CF Beginner

Question Chevy Surburban Dome lights On all the time

2001 Chevy Surburban. My courtesy lights stay on. I can press the dome overide switch to turn them off, but no luck, lights stay on. If I overide the lights to turn them off and scroll the dimmer switch up to the point that it clicks, the lights still stay on. There are no messages about ajar doors on my dash display. I'm not sure what would be causing the lights to stay on. Dome lights stay on while driving. Once I park and lock the vehicle the lights stay On for 30 - 45 minutes and sometimes shut off. Any ideas from simple suggestions to complex diagnosis welcome. Thanks in advance!
Old June 10th, 2013, 5:37 PM
CF Beginner

I have the same exact problem - was there a fix for this? Thx.
Old June 10th, 2013, 9:35 PM
CF Junior Member

if you take off your dash kit around the steering wheel and radio and then pull it off and out, if you look down by where the headlight turn on button sits where it sat with/in the dash!

now where the door ajar button is where the sensor closes with the door theres a switch behind the headlight turn on spot its a lil connecter you can pull it right off the door sensor that tell wen the car doors open or shut, no lights will turn on or ding from an open door nomore, its 2 sec trick, if anything else id bring it to a shop u trust that does electrical maybe theres a relay fried or some inside wire in the dash is messed up, just my 2 cents if anything disconect the passengor side its lil tougher reaching under the dash if you have big hands

Last edited by Newto4x4; June 10th, 2013 at 9:38 PM.