Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

I Am About To Light This P.O.S. On Fire

Search this Thread

Old January 27th, 2019, 6:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Am About To Light This P.O.S. On Fire

WTF is going on with this P.O.S?
2WD 2008 Silverado 4.8L
Stuck in snow in driveway, rpms will not go above about 2200, may for a second then drops.... Traction control off, trying to get some wheel speed to power out but nothing.
My 6cyl Explorer, wifes 6cyl Edge will let me rev like a normal vehicle, whats the deal with this Silverado?

Is this GM's Torque Management or AFM?

No warning lights, no codes, doesnt spit and sputter, just like its cutting power.....

Do I have to spend $500 to buy HP Tuner or get a custom tune to have a truck I can control?

Holding full Throttle..... Spike at just under 3k then dropped.....And there was a huge delay for it to hit that 3k...

See pic

Old January 27th, 2019, 1:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

its not afm...sounds like traction control system. Our parts driver blew up the diff on his 2wd pu; one wheel spinning other stopped ...he got traction and bang when the diff case.
either gotta get studded snow tires or a 4wd.
Old January 27th, 2019, 8:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Figured it out.....
Stabilitrak......
Push and hold Traction Control button..... Turns off both Traction Control and Stabilitrak.....
Still had to use my F Exploder to pull it back a couple feet, but then had full power to power out of driveway...