Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

I have questions.

Search this Thread

Old April 24th, 2019, 8:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have questions.

So I've got my brothers truck for a few days and its had a pretty rough go of it. His ex came and broke one of the mirrors off, the low beams appear nonfunctional, the radio most of the time only has the small speakers on the A pillar working, and when theres static on the radio the frequency seems directly proportional to the rpms.

Basically what I need to know is where to start to fix these things and the best way to find a new mirror. I've only ever owned an old Dakota and a Titan so I'm not well versed on the workings of a Silverado. I guess I should mention that it's an '07 new body style. He had a really rough time this past weekend and I'd like to get what I can fixed before he comes by to get it in a week.
Old April 24th, 2019, 8:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

my guess...over the internet without diagnosis...the radio output to the speakers is probably bad or amp depending on the build...radio/amp replacement is most likely the fix. aftermarket radio with a chime module is probably the cheaper way to go.
-when the radio is out...check the antenna cable for continuity for the static issue.
-Alibaba.com is probably the cheapest replacement mirrors but shipping from china takes 2 months.. junkyards are another option.