Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Low oil pressure gauges drops

Search this Thread

Old April 14th, 2019, 12:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low oil pressure gauges drops

I have a 2009 Silverado crew cab 5.3 v8 and recently while driving my oil pressure gauge drops and the truck starts beeping saying “shut off engine immediately”. I shut it down let it sit for a few min and start going again ruffly another 5-10miles and same thing happens. I took the truck to a local mechanic and they replaced the oil pressure sensor, replaced the screen and ran pressure tests. The pressure test all come back fine, there are no leaks and they can’t figure out what is wrong with it. Has anyone had this happen or know what to do to fix it?? I really would like to fix it and keep it longer since it’s paid off. Thank you in advance for your help!

Last edited by Firemen175; April 14th, 2019 at 12:38 AM.
Old April 15th, 2019, 12:32 AM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Firemen175
I have a 2009 Silverado crew cab 5.3 v8 and recently while driving my oil pressure gauge drops and the truck starts beeping saying “shut off engine immediately”. I shut it down let it sit for a few min and start going again ruffly another 5-10miles and same thing happens. I took the truck to a local mechanic and they replaced the oil pressure sensor, replaced the screen and ran pressure tests. The pressure test all come back fine, there are no leaks and they can’t figure out what is wrong with it. Has anyone had this happen or know what to do to fix it?? I really would like to fix it and keep it longer since it’s paid off. Thank you in advance for your help!
Might want to send your used oil to an analytic laboratory and find out what metals they find. low oil pressure is usually caused by wear, mostly the crank or cam bearings,
assuming your oil pump is working properly.